Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rest in Peace, Little One

Just a general update for everyone.

Around 4:30pm today, I put Min to sleep. Her tumor was large enough that it was beginning to bother her, and she had bit at it last night - essentially attempting to bite it off. I woke up to a cage full of blood. What resulted was me taking her in to the vet later in the day (around 3:00, the earliest they could see her). My options were clear - I could get her the surgery to remove the tumor in the next few days (a 400$ procedure), or I could put her to sleep.

After an agonizing hour, I finally came to my decision.

She's buried in my mother's backyard - under the cherry tree. I thought that would be nicer than leaving her to the vet to take care of.

2 comments:

  1. M....so sorry to her about Min. I know you love her...so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *big Jekka hug* At least she can go terrorize heaven now, right?

    ReplyDelete