Thursday, July 24, 2008

Medicine Changes, and So Do I

It's been a week since I went off of my crazy meds completely, and I've noticed a few changes, bad and good.

Bad or lingering effects
- Disinterest in everything
- Anxiety attacks
- Insomnia and trouble waking
- Apathy
- Temporary numbness in fingers and hands

Good effects
+ I am coherent
+ I actually remember and recall things
+ I have written more, although none of it has been very useful or interesting
+ I want to want to do things things (drawing, writing, etc), although I'm apathetic when it actually comes to doing them.
+ I feel ... normal. Mostly.

In all, I am feeling better, but I am still having problems adjusting. I'm suspecting that I'll get better soon, but will take some time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your transition from meds to no meds. It's difficult and people don't understand until they've done it. I was on Paxil for quite a while and my first attempt to go med free was awful....eventually w/ time and patience I am myself again.

    Some of my advice is:
    *get some excercise (maybe DDR, a leisurely walk or a bike ride)
    *sunshine (sit outside and read or just soak up the rays)
    *multi-vitamins (help me just feel better)
    *quiet time for just me (once again a sunny spot where I read or just hang out)
    *good music

    Anyway, congrats! Love you sista!

    ReplyDelete