Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gearing Up for NaNoWriMo and Other Stuff

That's right. Next month is National Novel Writing Month and once again I am a participant. I'm nervous (obviously), definitely hoping last year's crash and burn doesn't happen again, and also very excited. I'm working on accumulating the things I need for my story, but I have an idea (that came to me during a nap the other day ... ) for at least the start of the story and 3 characters. We'll see where it goes from there.

There are a few things that worry me about NaNo this year.
  • I haven't had creative juices flowing freely in months. Even going off of my meds hasn't helped much.
  • I still haven't figured out the "balance school, work, and homework" thing yet, much to my chagrin.
  • I has no laptop. Which, truth be told, isn't that bad of a situation. Just means it'll be harder for me to work when I'm at Tene's.
So, I do perceive issues. There is also that I'll be worrying about Avi, who has developed a steadily-growing tumor, and other things going on in my life right now. But, I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo, and win or lose, I'm going to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment