Saturday, July 25, 2009

Projects Brewing in the Brainpan

I'm still alive! And I'm still mostly not writing.

On the upside, I'm now on medications for depression again. For more information, check out Rats in Pants, where I explain everything that's been going on in my life lately.

I do have some projects that I'm planning on starting up soon, though, despite not having creativity going very well.

First, two blog-style writing projects named, at the moment, Truth and Three's a Crowd.

  • Truth is a modern-fantasy, taking place in an AU Earth where magic works and was embraced up until science became a focal point of everything. Magic still works, it's just so fiddly that most people don't use it. Mythical creatures and monsters also exist, and the humanoid ones are a part of human (yes, human) society, where they are mostly hiding in plain sight (under glamours). Enter Truth, the main character, who is just starting college. Truth is named so because she can "See the truth of things" - in other words, she can usually tell when someone is lying to her, but even more important - she can see through glamours. I'm hoping to get in to some equality type stuff, as well as (maybe) religious, emotional, and just interesting.
  • Three's A Crowd is a little different. It takes place in our world, in our time, and is about a woman coming to terms with her husband's polyamory (for more information, look here and here. Disclaimer: I haven't actually looked deep into the two latter websites, I cannot account for their content). I'm writing this partially from experience, and partially from things I've read or heard about since learning about polyamory. It will follow the two main character's relationship as it grows and changes with time.
Second, I have my own domain now! So I'm going to be working on building my own website, and probably integrating all my blogs into that. Once everything is finalized (there's a domain name that I want, which I got, but it was .net rather than .com. The .com version is set to expire any time in the next three days - so I'm going to try to get it for my own :D If I don't, I can simply use my .net, which will be fine. More on that once I figure out what's going to be happening with it.

Finally, I'm hoping to get all of my webcomics up and running!
  • I'm going to be redesigning Kyoot!'s website, and I hope to update it at least once a week, if not more - and I have a "special" that I'm going to be running over the course of two months based on something that Eliezer Yudkowsky of Overcoming Bias and Less Wrong wrote a while ago. I'm hoping to do it justice.
  • I also hope to be updating Storyline once a week, getting it's webpage finished.Link
  • Finally, I hope to start up another RPG-Based webcomic under the name Legends Never Die, but first I need to figure out if I care enough to or not. If I do, it will also be updating at least once a week (or I may alternate between Storyline and Legends), and will have it's own site over at ComicGenesis (for now, at least), or possibly at Drunk Duck. Or, if I get ambitious, I'll host it myself on my new server :D We'll have to wait and see.
And, aside from a few artistic projects, a long-term writing project (working title: Trinity of the Gods), and becoming a more active member of The Writing Circle, that's about all I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment