Saturday, August 29, 2009

Name Change

Sing a song of sixpence, a bag full of rye,
Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie:
When the pie was opened, the birds began to sing;
And wasn't this a dainty dish to set before the king?

The king was in the parlour, counting out his money;
The queen was in the kitchen, eating bread and honey;
The maid was in the garden, hanging out the clothes,
There came a little blackbird and nipt off her nose.
Sing a Song of Sixpence; Mother Goose

So, I decided to change the name of this blog, following from the Mother Goose rhyme above, and a few other things.
  1. While I will be including things on crafts, this is more likely to be very strongly a cooking blog, not a craft blog - due to the basic facts that I do not have a sewing machine, and I don't do many crafts; yet I do have a kitchen, and I'm aiming to cook and bake much more often than I currently do.
  2. My recent acquisition of a specific web domain is leading me to rethink some things. I'm looking to orient my personal site around ravens and crows, so renaming this blog to something including "black birds" feels appropriate.
  3. Yes, I changed the number in the poem - I prefer 3 and 20, and I believe that is how the rhyme was originally told to me, since it feels more correct to me when I repeat the poem than "4 and 20."
That's about it. I hope to get some graphics for this site up soon, and now that I have a set idea in mind, it will be a lot easier for me to do.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment