Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 Assessment and 2010 Resolutions!

So first, the assessment of the resolutions I made way back last January.
  1. I want to be posting in each of my blogs at least once a week
  2. I want to do at least one new thing each week
  3. I want to be posting on Kyoot! and Storyline at least once per week
  4. I want to have new site layouts set up for both Kyoot! and Storyline
  5. By the end of the year I want to be cooking regularly and be comfortable with cooking often
    So, how did I do? "No" to #1 (although I did improve near the end of the year), a big no "no" to #2. An even larger "no" to #3 and #4 ... and ... another "no" to #5. Five "nos" and no "yesses" ... that doesn't really paint a nice picture of me.

    But, in the last year I have improved in ways I didn't list. I brought Criss Cross Asterisk out of the dark, and I'm more public about my beliefs and views on things. I have played around with cooking and baking, and I am more comfortable with it. I'm less crazy than I was this time a year ago - still crazy, but less so. I'm still depressed, and I still have anxiety issues, but ... they aren't as bad as they were, and I have better control over them. I am in a much better place than I was a mere 365 days ago. I am, in general, happy.

    So, what are my resolutions for 2010?
    • Again: Posting to Criss Cross Asterisk once every 5 days, and to Rats in Pants, Kyoot!, and Truth in Lies once every 7. Storyline should be updated once every two weeks, once I get the site up and running appropriately.
    • Kyoot! and Storyline should both have their websites recoded, completely, by the end of the year. Kyoot! should also take a new direction.
    • I want to be writing every day. Even if it's just a page, or even just a sentence, I want to write every day.
    • I want to settle into a housewife-type routine. I want to be cooking at least two meals a day (or making two meals a day), and I want those to be healthy. I very well might attempt a rotation diet later in the year to find out what exactly has been making me sick. I also want to be keeping my apartment clean and well-organized. I also also want to be a proper little baker - I want to try out cookies and brownies and cakes and cupcakes - all done from scratch. I want such things to be posted to 3 and 20 Blackbirds.
    • I want to change my wardrobe to cuter, more feminine and airier clothes. This means sundresses and skirts, mostly.
    • I, again, want to try something new every week. I have some extra motivation to do so, as well: Another blog, Sprouting Bulb, will detail my adventures in this area, with 2-3 posts per adventure (so, per week).
    • Common resolution: I want to get into better shape. I want to try out yoga again, and maybe something like bellydancing or a type of martial art. I'm also considering running. This also includes eating healthy.
    • I want to declutter my life. I have so much junk in my life, and so much of it I don't use. I've already started this process - cutting down my number of books by a decently large number (anyone want a whole bunch of fantasy books? I've got some nice hardcover editions of a few of The Wheel of Time books, barely used ... as well as quite a few others. Planning on putting them to good use through Freecycle if possible - but perhaps I'll give my friends the first go at them ...), but I want to do more. I would much rather have a few nice, well made things (say, a Kindle - which I bought, used, with Christmas money, hooray!), than a whole bunch of less-nice, badly made things.
    • I want to become a better-rounded person. I hope by this time next year, I'm on a medication that helps me. Or that I don't need medication anymore (unlikely, but a girl can dream, right?). I want to be social, and happy, and doing well in the things I want to do.
    More than last year, yeah, and I know there's a few others nagging at the back of my head, but it's late and I need sleep. Maybe I'll add to this later? But then again - maybe I won't. Only time will tell.

    Hope you all have a great year!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment