Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update on Surgery

Well, I went and saw the periodontist again a couple of days ago. My two times daily regime of brushing my gums is doing what it was supposed to, and they think that they'll be able to do the surgery in two weeks. So it is scheduled! I will be temporarily losing my ability to eat solids on February 12, the day before my little sister's wedding. Oh, how lovely I will look in the wedding photos.

On the up side, I do get to have the IV sedation, so I don't have to be conscious for the cutting and the pulling and the grafting. Hooray! Despite this way being slightly more dangerous this way will keep me from panicking halfway through the surgery. Which can only be a good thing. On the down side, I will be unable to bite down on anything with my front teeth for anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.

Some other things: The surgery will "only" take an hour, and is pretty minor. Also the mouth heals quickly, so I'm looking at worst case scenario with the "couple of weeks" thing (on the other hand, I couldn't eat solid foods comfortably for four days after getting my wisdom teeth removed, so perhaps my mouth doesn't heal as fast as others?).

Here's hoping it goes well.

In other news: I'm starting to work on Kyoot! again, for all those who like my comic. Also, If you look over at my Sister Sites on the side you'll see that I've started yet another blog, although this one doesn't have anything on it yet. Check it out sometime (well, hopefully not soon, but eventually it will have some content): Stitched Sheep. Eventually it will have my adventures in craft-making and cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment