Thursday, February 4, 2010

So through a connection of my dad's at the Willey Ford in Bountiful Tene and I now have a new car. Currently unnamed, we got it a couple weeks ago. It is a white 2001 Ford Taurus. So far, I'm very impressed with it's gas mileage, and overall just the feel of the car. And - I have a trunk. OMG! I was a little let down at first, because I was wanting either a smaller car (a 2 door, possibly a mini or something) and maybe something with a hatchback (like Rubiru had), but after having driven this car for two weeks, I find myself liking it more and more. It's a very nice ride. When I showed it to my mother, her first comment was about children (childseats in the back!), which ... kinda scared me a little, since I don't want kids just yet (if ever).

The new medication, Celexa, seems to be doing a good job. I'm not yet perfect, but much better than I was doing. Some side effects have started hitting me - I've had a hard time eating without feeling nauseous shortly afterwards, and I've been having decently bad headaches and body aches. The sleep reduction isn't so awesome either, but I'll admit ... I have been feeling better as I've been adjusting to the less sleep.

Tene and I are looking to be moving sooner, rather than later. Right now we're trying to figure out the logistics of it. We'll have to get out of our lease with the apartment complex we're currently renting from, and obviously we'll need an affordable apartment and jobs wherever we're going to. I'm currently guessing that we're going to stick around until the end of March/beginning of April, and then we'll be off. Currently we're waiting to hear back from IMVU on Tene's resume, I believe he might also be looking at applying to Facebook and Google as backup options. As a result we're looking for housing more in the Silicon Valley area, as opposed to San Francisco. I'm excited, and I'm feeling that this move will be good for both of us mentally, if nothing else.

Otherwise, my life is pretty boring - if a bit busy. My Year-Of-Adventures plan has had a couple of bad weeks, which I'm writing a post to explain about over there. I've been hanging out with a handful of my friends more often - Teffy, Ima, and Spaz mostly - which has been  helpful emotionally, even though it's a very draining experience. Lots of movie watching, and some interesting Little Big Planet playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment