Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sickness, Sushi, and Self

It seems that all of us are adjusting well to life here in Mountain View. I've been taking care of the apartment - cleaning and organizing things, trying to figure out how best to organize the furniture (and even what furniture we want - thanks Ikea!). It's been fun.

In less fortunate news, Absinthe has gotten sick. On Monday I went to check on the cage, only to find dark red urine on the second full level. It took me much of the day to figure out which of the girls it had come from. The next day I took Absinthe in to a nearby vet (which I'll talk about later). Fortunately it doesn't appear that she has a tumor (which would have surprised me, but was a possibility), and instead she has a UTI - a basic urinary tract infection. Now she's on a medication regime, which she (and I) hates. I'll be done next Monday. Hopefully after that it will be cleared up.

Last night, Tene, Bancus, and I went to a newly opened sushi bar - Sushi 85 - and I ate real sushi for the first time. I didn't like it. Well, there was one type that I enjoyed - but overall I've decided that sushi isn't for me. Which is fine - there are plenty of other delicious Asians food that I do like - and I'm glad I finally found out.

As for myself: I'm still doing alright. My depression and motivation isn't quite as great as I would like, but now Tene and I have registered for our benefits, so I should be able to go talk to a psychiatrist sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment