Monday, February 27, 2012

Plans and Happenings

First off: I finally have official plans for visiting Salt Lake! I'll be going out there in April - from April 5 to April 13. I hope I can see some of my friends and family while I'm out.

Lately most of what has been going on has been boring homemaking stuff. I'm working on cleaning the apartment thoroughly, today was day one and I'm about half done with a proper, full cleaning of the kitchen (it looks so nice already!).

I'm so happy I finally have the energy to do these things - and I'm glad to see that my motivational issue that I had are mostly gone (this is thanks to being put on Ambien (for the sleep) and going to NLP (for the motivation and depression). I still have a hard time starting on tasks, but once I do I can be pretty productive. I'm still sleeping a lot of the time, but that's improving and I'm sleeping less, and then I have energy when I am awake.

Yesterday I went to Stitches with a friend. I'm not much of a yarn person overall - or at least, I didn't think I was. Before yesterday all I had really experienced was Joann-quality yarn. I didn't realize it could be so soft and fluffy!

I like to crochet (especially plushies) but I can't knit. The friend I went with spins and has offered to teach me (both spinning and knitting), and I keep telling her that I've just got a lot of other stuff on my plate.

Well, looks like I'm going to learn to spin!

So, what happened was while she was buying some yarn the woman running the table asked us both to enter a giveaway for some unspun fleece - altogether about a pound. I filled out the entry on a whim from that - not really expecting much. And I won! I was so surprised! So now I have this fleece in some beautiful colors - but not much to do with it. So I get to learn to spin so I can make it into yarn!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for winning things! That's exciting! I have a friend who just taught herself spinning too, how interesting! Her blog is Silver Stitches if you ever wanted to talk to her about it.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better and have more energy!

    ReplyDelete