Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Script Frenzy 2008

So, I decided - probably against my better judgment - to join in the fight for Script Frenzy this year. Now, I tried NaNoWriMo last year, and I failed horribly. I'm going to try again this year - but I make absolutely no promises.

Script Frenzy is new - it just started up last year - and it focuses on script writing, rather than a novel. But it has a similar premise as NaNoWriMo, as it was set up by the same people. The goal is 100 pages of a script within the 30 days of April.

A daunting task, to be sure. The thing is - and what makes me absolutely insane for trying this - I've never written a script. Or, correction, I haven't written a script since I was 12, and those scripts were never very good.

They were fanfiction, for one thing.

Bad fanfiction.

Based on a computer game.

An educational computer game.

Ever heard of the
Logical Journey of the Zoombinis? That was what that script was based on.

I think I still have it somewhere.

Anyway, I haven't written a script since I was 12, never saw a need to. I'm much better at fiction writing, and I was never great at the dialog-action thing that goes along with scripting. I'd rather have it all blended together smoothly.

And I have no ideas for plots.

Anyway, regardless, and against my better judgment, I'm trying this crazy thing out. If you want to watch my progress, my Script Frenzy profile is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment