Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fun with Guns

Tene and I have a visitor from out-of-town staying with us for a couple of weeks. Yesterday we went to to the Lions Gate Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol Range with Tene's boss. He bought some new guns recently and needed to test them out.

I really enjoyed firing a nice suppressed .22. It didn't have too much of a kick, wasn't too heavy, and I was pretty good with my aim. I also fired two higher-caliber pistols, but I didn't like them quite as much. Too heavy, too much kick, etc. I got compliments on my "sharpshooting."

I also got to play with a laser sighting. It wasn't correctly sighted to the gun that I was using, but once Tene figured that out (after I had used up three magazines from the gun) I realized why all my shots seemed to be hitting lower than I thought they should.

I really would like to get myself a nice handgun. They're fun to fire, definitely give me some form of stress relief, and it would be a nice "I feel safer" sort of thing. But they're expensive, and I'm not quite ready to consider classes and such to get a concealed carry permit. Maybe eventually though.

No comments:

Post a Comment