Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoWriMo - I'm a glutton for punishment

Yep, I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm trying out NaNoWriMo again this year, after losing the last two years. I'm not positive what my story this year is going to be about. I'm debating working on the story I started last year, but I think I'm a little too attached to it to try that out. I have a different story idea, but I'm not sure how well I can pull it off.

The story I'm thinking of doing is a darker (and obviously longer) version of Little Red Riding Hood's story. Maybe continue it all the way until the after-effects of meeting the wolf and being eaten. One problem I may have is that I don't actually know the "original" version of Little Red's story - I've only ever heard the Disnified version (where she and her grandma are saved by the helpful woodcutter and live happily ever after), I also don't know if there is a different version (Wikipedia doesn't seem to think so, at least, none that are more violent than the one I grew up with as a child).


If I don't do that, then I'll try the story I wrote last year, about my assassin barmaids who come from a village that pretty much raises all their people to be assassins (kinda like ninja villages, but with magic).


Besides, how could I not do NaNoWriMo this year? Look at the little bookrobot! He's a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment