Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Day

So NaNoWriMo has officially begun. My word count at midnight was 2351, so a bit above today's goal (1667). I added a widget to the left side of the blog, but it doesn't seem to be working quite yet. I'll give it a few days. Hopefully they're working on it.

I decided to go with the dark fairy tales story - but I changed it up a little. Instead of writing an entire story just on Little Red Riding Hood, I decided to make the world of Faerie a little bit darker.

Most of the kids you've heard about in fairy tales and nursery rhymes didn't actually end up living happily ever after. Their experiences were often so horrific that they became tainted with the darkness. Most of those heroes and heroines reside in the Never After Asylum - a place for everyone from those who are simply neurotic, to those who are criminally insane. At 14, a year after her harrowing experience with the wolf, Little Red Riding Hood is admitted to the asylum. But what happens behind the closed and barred doors of that dark place?

So, that's what my story is. I'm really excited, obviously.

As of today, I have written a very short prologue, and part of my first chapter. Red has just entered her grandmother's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment