Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Big News!

Well, it's official. Tene got the job at IMVU. Starting on April 12 he's going to be one of a handful of sysadmins working on babysitting the many servers that run the IMVU clients. So, before then we need to get our behinds to the San Francisco/Palo Alto area, find an apartment, and move in. We also have to find someone to take over this apartment (Sky Harbor, the apartment complex we live in, does reassignments - which is good for us) and sell or give away a decent amount of stuff, and a few other things of that nature. It's quickly becoming decently stressful (for Tene. I'm staying relatively calm, oddly enough. My jobs are easy - packing and getting the apartment Craigslisted. Tene is the one dealing with finances).

I'm really excited to be moving. Well, I'm a whole bunch of emotions: excited, scared, worried, sad, happy ... It's a big change, and will be one heck of an adventure. All the same, I'm going to miss my friends and my family. I'll definitely be keeping in touch; through this blog, Facebook, texting (which I don't do often), chat and IM clients ... even snailmail if I have to. Overall I feel that this move, this huge change, will be good for Tene and me, though, so we're going to do it.

We may be leaving as early as Sunday or Monday(!) to go start looking at apartments. We're still looking into our options for moving all our stuff - and there are so many options! I mean, seriously! It's hard going through them all, just because there are so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment