Monday, March 22, 2010

Four New Members

Tene and I welcomed four new members to our family on Saturday: Anise, Ai, Absinthe, and Moe.

Having had a few days to play with them, I've found them to be all adorable and sweet. Moe is the most courageous and curious - she enjoys being out of her cage and interacting with Tene and I, and we enjoy playing with her. Anise, Ai, and Absinthe are sisters, and are all very shy. I'm going to have to spend a decent amount of time trust training them, but I suspect that they'll come to enjoy spending time with Tene and me.

I'm very happy that I have rats again; I've really missed having affectionate little pets. Just knowing that they're around helps me, mentally and emotionally, deal with a lot of things. That might sound weird, but it's how I feel.

Tene and I are thinking about getting other pets too: we're considering a cat, or possibly a parrot (or some other intelligent bird). For now, though, we have our rattie girls, and we're happy.

In other news, Tene interviewed again with the New Company on Friday, this time in person (I really missed him while he was gone for two days). Hopefully today we'll find out how the interview went.

Well, that's everything going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment