Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home Again, Home Again ...

Well, here I am, back at my mother's home. Got back from Cedar City Friday morning. Since then I've met my new therapist (a very nice lady, although she does the stereotypical "Hmm, okay, hmmm!" thing and then asks me "So how did that make you feel?") and spent decent time with Tene (Friday night, and all of Saturday).

I saw Ashley! Ashley was my best friend all throughout high school, but afterwards our relationship sorta died. She drifted away from my circle of friends and I didn't know how to go about fixing our broken relationship. But, as luck would have it, she recently got in touch with Tene again, and Saturday night we went out to dinner and watched a movie!

Dinner was so good. We went to David's Kitchen - one of those little hole in the wall restaurants - and had some tasty Chinese food. David's Kitchen has awesome food, I must admit. It was one of the first Chinese restaurants I went to and enjoyed!

After, we all went back to Tene's apartment to watch Transformers (they're robots in disguise!). First time I'd seen it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Bumblebee was so cute! I love how the ending was left open, as well.

In other news, because I haven't mentioned it elsewhere, I had to go into the ER Tuesday night. I got sudden pain in my upper abdomen, and when it didn't go away after half an hour I became concerned and ran off to the hospital. I was discharged at 7am (I'd gone in at 2am), and told that it is either an ulcer or something is happening with my gallbladder. I need to have an ultrasound of my gallbladder, and we'll see how it goes from there. I'm guessing ulcer - because the pain has mellowed down a lot (I haven't had another night of the pain like that) and has even completely stopped.

Had some adventures at the ER though. I'm not afraid of needles, but I definitely do not like them. I was okay with getting stuck once (for the IV), but the nurse mentioned that she might have to stick me twice. Already in an emotional state, I panicked. Ended up that all the on-duty nurses decided to come "help" after she asked another nurse (who was really hot ... I wish I could remember his name) to give me the IV.

Well, not much else is going on in my life. Just trying to survive.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad the traveling went well. i love little local restaurants!
    i can totally sympathize with you on the whole needles thing, and then some. yuck.
    -alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, foodings. i'm glad you've gotten back in touch with an old friend--i wish i could find some of my old high school friends, just to assure myself that they haven't been abducted by something slimy.
    as for the rest, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete