Monday, February 18, 2008

MySpace, Facebook, Gaia, and other forms of addiction

It probably isn't a good think that I have as addictive a personality as I do, but I guess that's just life.

I've been on MySpace more in the last three days than I have in as many years! I see how people can be so addicted to it. I'm still mostly using it as a way to keep in touch with people - especially now that I'm moving away from Cedar City to live in Salt Lake again. Facebook is the same, I've been adding so many friends lately. I didn't know I knew that many people!

GaiaOnline receives a visit from me every day, which is pretty typical by now. I've been spending more time on it than I'd like, and I'm trying to "cut down." I wonder if they make a GO patch ...

I visit deviantArt at least twice a day, usually more - I keep checking for comments on my journal there.

There's also LiveJournal and, of course, Blogger, which I've been paying more attention to the last few days than I had in years.

Outside of intarweb realms, I've been addicted to playing on my new DS. Specifically I've been playing Final Fantasy III like a madwoman. I'm lost, though. No clue where to go exactly.

All of these things would be fine, if I did anything else as well. I'm sad and upset, and I'm using all these things as an escape. I realize this is a bad thing to do, but I don't know how to change my behavior. Hopefully living in my mother's house will help me figure that out. I'm sick of how I'm living my life, but I don't know how to change. It sucks.

2 comments: