Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Failsaur

 He's supposed to be a dinosaur. Obviously he didn't turn out quite as hoped.


That .... creature .... was going to be a Christmas gift for one of my nephews (who I will call "Mouse"). He's a T-Rex, although you can't really tell. He looks more like a rooster. I was also going to make a blue long-neck dinosaur for Mouse's little brother (who will be called "Little Brother" on this blog), and a green stegosaurus for my other nephew (who will be known as "Alaska," yes these names have meanings, but they're for me to know). Neither of those dinos even got cut out.

I haven't used a sewing machine since seventh grade, where I made a really really ugly pillowcase. I've never followed a pattern. I've never made a pattern. I've never made a plush.

I decided, two days before Christmas, to attempt to do all these things.

Obviously it ended badly.

I did learn some things: (1) I kinda suck at pattern making, because I don't know what I'm doing, (2) Plushies are hard, and (3) I really, really need to make Christmas presents a few months in advance - just in case.

The nephews will be getting dinosaurs, they'll just be getting them late ... Probably sometime in January or February 2010. I'm glad I bought waaaay more fleece than I needed for these guys ... I think I'll be using nearly all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment